A Monthly Globalink Publication
November 2, 2015
“GOOD RELATIONSHIPS WITH GOOD COMPANIES BUILD GOOD BUSINESS”
What are you doing?
FROM THE PRESIDENT
MEMBER CREDIT POLICIES AND THE GLOBALINK AGENCY AGREEMENT
We will soon be updating the terms of our Agency Agreement, and will send out a revised Agency Agreement to everyone, as well as posting the updated Agreement on our site.
Despite the fact that I mention this at every meeting, meetings have a way of overwhelming us with input.
I recently heard for a Member who was upset with another Member they were dealing with, who specified payment terms that were different from our Agency Agreement. It’s very important that everyone understands how this works.
Here is what I say at every meeting. THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT TO A COMPANY, THAN PROTECTING ITS CASH FLOW. And, for this reason, Members may, and are certainly allowed to establish credit policies that are different from our Agency Agreement.
This is what this means;
- It is always your responsibility to be very clear with your trading partners as to what their credit terms are, period. Both parties are responsible for this.
- Both parties are responsible to be clear about trading terms before any trading take place.
- In the absence of any communication of trading terms, our AGENCY AGREEMENT applies. This is why we often refer to our AGENCY AGREEMENT as a default agreement, because in the absence of any other specifics, we provide some basic specifics, so that if we are called in to intervene, we have some standards to manage against.
Too many members simply assume that our AGENCY AGREEMENT is the primary agreement between Globalink trading partners. This is simply wrong. Trading partners must be clear with one another and with their agreements as part of being professional and responsible. We completely support this.
Whenever we are called in to mediate disputes or disagreements between members, the first thing we ask for are the communications that set the trading agreements, including the establishment of credit terms. When these are produced we work with these to clarify communication and responsibility.
And, when this comes up lacking, we look to the Globalink AGENCY AGREEMENT, as a set of standards to apply in the situation. Without such standards, mediating disagreements would be pretty difficult.
So, in summary, your AGENCY AGREEMENT has always been considered a default agreement.
Always establish clear credit and trading terms with your partners, before starting to share business. It’s perfectly fine if you both agree on the Globalink AGENCY AGREEMENT terms, but whatever approach you use, it’s critical that these terms are communicated, understood and agreed upon, up front.
I welcome any comments or questions. Members are within their rights to specify credit terms, different from those in our Agreements, as long as it takes place before shipments are booked.
Don’t forget, Globalink Coaching is well underway. What we thought would happen is happening. Those members, who bring consistent effort and focus to contacting members in the network, are seeing great results. Some of the other benefits from the coaching program have come in proving independent sales management input and insight into different elements of various members’ sales process.
You can sign up for Coaching anytime
Want to learn more? email@example.com
NEW MEMBERS TO DATE
- TORRISTIR from PORTUGAL
- CGATE LOGISTICS from GERMANY
- ASI LOGISTICS from CHINA
- ATRAX LOGISTICS from SOUTH AFRICA
- FREIGHT SERVICES from FIJI/PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- BLUE ARROW from CANADA
- TEAMGLOBAL from KENYA
- FAR LOGISTICS from ENGLAND
- DOLPHIN SHIPPING from KUWAIT
- OPMA from CAMEROON
- BPL GMBH from GERMANY
- LOGNET from Lithuania
- MAPCARGO SAS from Bogota, Colombia
- BEIJING MONKING ASSOICATES, INTERNATIONAL FORWARDING CO., LTD, from Guangzhou, China
- FASTIC LOGISTIC, LTD of China
- ITS LOGISTICS HUNGARY KFT from Budapest, Hungary
- SUNOBLE from China
- EMBASSY LOGISTICS from Peru
- CANGAR BALTICS, SIA, of Riga, Latvia
- NINGBO GREEN INTERNATIONAL TRANS CO., LTD, of Ningbo, China
- BEST ROUTE ALGERIE from ALGIERS, ALGERIA
- MAXOR SEA & FREIGHT (ARMADA PORT AGENT) in ARUBA
- DEDICATED LOGISTICS in POLAND
- STTE ETTRRAT in MADAGASCAR
- SAKJ CARGO SOURIER in PERU
Do you know any of the above listed companies?
If so let us know!
How many networks do you know of that pays their members? We have learned from experience that some of the best members come referred to us by existing members. We pay $500 to the member for each new quality agent that joins the network as a result of their referral. After they do that 4 times they get their next year’s membership renewal FREE.
Want to know where we need new members?
Check our Open Slots List
Have questions or want to learn more?
SLOW PAYING MEMBERS
We have not had any slow payers reported this month!! We will keep you updated if this information should be updated.
Delivering On Sales Goals
Following last year’s meeting, I was putting it out there that my goals were to grow the network in South America/the Caribbean, and Africa. I am happy to say that we have done a great job accomplishing this, including new members in: Colombia, Peru, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, South Africa, Algeria, and we have many exciting prospects on the horizon.
It just goes to show you that Globalink takes great effort to deliver on our goals for the group, and we are always looking out for where our group could have better coverage.
Where would you like to see more members? Any markets you have needed an agent recently?
Never hesitate to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMINATED MEMBERS TO DATE
- ARC EN CIEL – DRC
- MAC-TRANS – LATVIA
- SPEED TRANS – SAUDI ARABIA
- SKYNET- UKRAINE and RUSSIA
- AIROCEAN from BARCELONA, SPAIN
- RTG/ROUND THE GLOBE SHIPPING – PAKISTAN
- NES CARGO- THE PHILIPPINES
- UNISON CHOICE – MYANMAR
- GOLDEN HARBINGER – MYANMAR
2016 Vietnam Meeting Registration is open!!
Register today to recieve your early bird discount!
FROM THE ADMIN
This is an exciting time of year friends!! Registrations for the 2016 Meeting in Vietnam are officially open!!
As we have discussed before, we have found after much research that we will be using 24hvisa to process all of the visas this year as it is much simpler than trying to get them on your own.
We have negotiated with 24hvisa of Vietnam and they will be providing all of the visa processing at a discounted rate; as low as $6 per person!
If you have any questions about registrations or applying for your visas, let me know.
BIRTHDAYS FOR THE MONTH
TIME TO CELEBRATE!!
We love to celebrate our members and we would like to give everyone else a chance to do the same! We have several members with birthdays this month. Below is a list with their names and email addresses if you would like to wish them a very happy birthday on their special day!
- STEFANO PAGANI from MAIMEX SRL is November 1st –SPagani@maimex.it
- RASHIDAH TALIB from EES FREIGHT SERVICES is November 3rd – email@example.com
- ABDELLAH OUCHIDA from TST is November 5th –firstname.lastname@example.org
- RIAZ KARMALI from ADSO LLC is November 6th –email@example.com
- TIANXIAO YIN from JAG GLOBALISTICS is November 6th –firstname.lastname@example.org
- JOHNNY CHEUNG from FASTIC GROUP is November 6th –email@example.com
- BEN DRIHAN EYAL from ISL is November 7th – firstname.lastname@example.org
- BAS DE VAAL from PORTSIDE INTERNATIONAL is November 8th – email@example.com
- COCO PUNDUGU from PANACHE LTD is November 11th –firstname.lastname@example.org
- ROLANDO OSUNA from INTERCOM is November 14th –email@example.com
- SOYKAN SOY from LIMMAMAR AIR & SEA is November 14th –firstname.lastname@example.org
- JAMIE MONCAYO from GP LOGISTICS is November 16th –email@example.com
- KY PHAM from ACCORD INTERNATIONAL is November 17th –firstname.lastname@example.org
- JAY LEE from DONGJOO is November 17th – email@example.com
- LEE WEE KEONG from JCT CO., LTD is November 18th – firstname.lastname@example.org
- MATS PALMGREN from F.H. BERTLING AB is November 24th –Mats.Palmgren@bertling.com
- HUBERT JASINSKI from OMEGAIR is November 28th –email@example.com
- VERA PIRES from ALL WAYS CARGO is November 30th –firstname.lastname@example.org
Have questions about the upcoming meeting?
Questions about visas for Vietnam?
Editing your profile on the website?
Need a new user added to the website?
General membership questions?
Email – email@example.com
Skype – stephy.glnk
Phone – +1 210 798 2284